“If a person is not performing as expected, it is probably because he or she has been miscast for the job”. William Edwards Deming
Even if a person has the knowledge and skills to perform their work, if they don’t like what they do (miscast) or who they work with (mismanaged) , it’s only a matter of time before they become frustrated and disengaged and start looking for another job.
The key to successful talent management and personal growth is knowledge of each person’s unique behaviors and motivators. With this knowledge, people can be effectively coached by maximizing their strengths to achieve the organization’s goal, maximize productivity, increase morale.
Our Talent Insights Reports are available;
. . . for four sciences; DISC Behaviors, Driving Forces, EQ and Competencies
. . . in single reports or any combination of DISC Behaviors, Driving Forces, EQ and Competencies.
. . . for individuals, two-person comparisons and teams.
. . . in management-admin, customer service, sales, executive and team versions.
1. Executive: DISC Behaviors – Motivators – Behaviors+Motivators – Behaviors+Motivators+EQ
2. Management-Staff: DISC Behaviors – Motivators – Behaviors+Motivators – Behaviors+Motivators+EQ
3. Sales: DISC Behaviors – Driving Forces – Behaviors+Driving Forces – Behaviors+Driving Forces+EQ
4. Customer Service: DISC Behaviors – Driving Forces – Behaviors+Driving Forces – Behaviors+Driving Forces+EQ
5. Teams: DISC Behaviors Group – Driving Forces Group Bar Chart – Group Wheel
6. Engagement: Individual – 2-person Comparison
7. Stress: Individual – Leader – Anonymous Group
8. Working from Home: Individual
9. Career: Individual